This course is designed to inform individuals that will be working in areas with known asbestos containing materials. The purpose is to make the individual aware of the presence of asbestos in order to prevent inadvertent disturbance of the material. The Asbestos Standard requires awareness training every year. Building owners and contractors are required to provide this training for their employees that may come in contact with asbestos.
Topics presented include:
- Nature of asbestos, when it is a hazard, and uses of asbestos/
- Possible health effects associated with asbestos exposure;
- Specific recommendations for the prevention of disturbance of ACM and possible
- Identify measures that are being instituted to control ACM in the building;
- Emergency response contact information