OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry
1. Mandatory – 7 hours
a. Introduction to OSHA – 2 hours
- Provides required OSHA training content
- Covers workers’ rights, employer responsibilities and how to file a complaint. It includes helpful worker safety and health resources. It provides a sample weekly fatality and catastrophe report, a material data safety sheet and the OSHA Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (OSHA Form 300).
b. Managing Safety and Health – 2 hours
- May include Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, job site inspections, accident prevention programs, management commitment and employee involvement, work site analysis, hazard prevention and control, accident investigations, how to conduct safety meetings, and supervisory communication.
c. OSHA Focus Four Hazards – 6 hours.
- Falls (1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Struck-by (e.g. falling objects, trucks, cranes)
- Caught-in or Between (e.g. trench hazards, equipment)
d. Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – 2 hours
e. Health Hazards in Construction – 2 hours
- Such noise, hazard communication, and crystalline silica or any other construction health hazard
f. Stairways and Ladders – 1 hour
2. Elective – 12 hours. At least six of the following topics must be presented. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour
a. Concrete and Masonry Construction
b. Confined Space Entry
c. Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, and Conveyors
f. Fire Protection and Prevention
g. Materials Handling, Storage, Use and disposal